Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Bathsheba: David, guess what's coming up?

David: Is it the anniversary of when I beat the g
iant Goliath with nothing but this chiseled physique and slingshot slung casually over my shoulder?

Bathsheba: No

David: Then, it must be the anniversary of when I was anointed king over Israel?

Bathsheba: No

David: The first day of the Winter Olympics?

Bathsheba: No, David. Sunday is Valentine’s Day. It’s as though after 3,000 years you have started to take me for granted.

David: How could I take you for granite? You’re not even made out of rock; you’re oil on canvas.

Bathsheba: It’s not granite, David, it’s granted- G-R-A-N-T-E-D. The saying is take for granted.

David: Are you sure? For all intensive purposes, I'll take that with a great assault.

Bathsheba: It's intents and purposes and grain of....oh, never mind.






1 comment:

keppi baranick said...

how do you do it? I am in awe of you. love.