Friday, November 11, 2011

It's All Greek for Me

Believe it or not, grammar was not my first love. John Stamos from Full House was my first love.

Well, John and books. As I mentioned before, the only trophy I ever won was for a third grade read-a-thon.

So, today, instead of honoring grammar, I would like to take a moment to honor books. Actually, one book in particular: fellow blogger Jessica Bell's String Bridge.

Like John Stamos, whose original last name was Stamotopoulos, String Bridge is of Greek origin. Well, it takes place in Greece. Close enough.

And it sounds awesome:

"Greek cuisine, smog and domestic drudgery was not the life Australian musician, Melody, was expecting when she married a Greek music promoter and settled in Athens, Greece. Keen to play in her new shoes, though, Melody trades her guitar for a 'proper' career and her music for motherhood. That is, until she can bear it no longer and plots a return to the stage—and the person she used to be. However, the obstacles she faces along the way are nothing compared to the tragedy that awaits, and she realizes she's been seeking fulfillment in the wrong place."

And the reviews are fantastic!

I can't wait to read it. I hope you read it too!

Today is THE day to help Jessica Bell's debut, STRING BRIDGE, hit the bestseller list on Amazon, and receive the all-original soundtrack, Melody Hill: On the Other Side, written and performed by the author herself, for free!

All you have to do is purchase the book today (paperback, or eBook), November 11th, and then email the receipt to:
jessica.carmen.bell(at)gmail(dot)com

She
will then email you a link to download the album at no extra cost!

To purchase the paperback:

To purchase the eBook:


To listen to samples of the soundtrack, visit iTunes.

If you are not familiar with String Bridge, check out the book trailer:














12 comments:

Shelly said...

I will check this out!

Mary Mary said...

John was hot, but my sisters and I preferred Kirk Cameron in his permed teen years!

JJ said...

Yea, I remember him John. But I didn't know his original last name was that. Better off with Stamos.

Jessica Bell said...

Haha! I loved that guy!!! thanks so much for posting this with a touch of Missed Periods ;o)

Crystal Pistol said...

I'll check it out. Stamos was my first love too. He still makes me a melty inside. :)

James Garcia Jr said...

Hi, Jenny. Thanks for sharing. I recognize Jessica from the 'net (*waves* to Jessica), but must have missed that she had a book coming out. Being a music guy, I am very intrigued by the songs. I listened to them once already and plan to return to purchase a few of them.
I guess I'd better check out that book, too, huh?

-Jimmy

Jo-Ann said...

Awesome trailer!

Dylan Fitzgerald said...

As soon as your page came up on my browser, I thought: OH MY GOD UNCLE JESSE!

Also, huzzah for bloggers writing books! Lo, how I do aspire :)

Glynis Peters said...

I have read the novel and won the complete music album. Both are amazing.

Theresa Milstein said...

That Stamos was a cutie as Blackie on General Hospital. Most people think his first gig is Full House, but I'm much, much older.

If Jessica has made it to your blog, she's really hit the big time.

Deniz Bevan said...

SO excited for Jessica!
And you know, Full House is on repeats at the moment... :-)

Rachael Parker said...

Not gonna lie he was pretty swanky on full house