Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ghosts, Not Grammar


Author and blog friend James Garcia Jr., whom many of you know from his Dance on Fire blog, has written a paranormal romance, Seeing Ghosts. It’s tentatively set for a June 5 release. 

So basically that means I have to wait almost a month to find out exactly what a paranormal romance is. The more I think about it, the more I like it. If such a thing actually exists and I can tap into it, I am pretty sure it means I could have a romance with the ghost of young Paul Newman or Marlon Brando. Does it count as cheating if it’s with a ghost? I don’t think so. 

And I could start a dating website called eHarMOANy.com. Get it? Because ghosts moan.Fine, I'll work on the name.

Based upon the cover art shown above, James' book seems pretty sexy.

And the blurb sounds intriguing too:

Paul Herrera finds himself bequeathed a mysterious old house near the California central coast by a deceased aunt he never knew. The woman who shows it to him is the spitting image of his wife, taken from him three years before in a senseless car accident which also took his unborn son. While he deals with the ghosts of a past he cannot let go, there are new ghosts Paul must deal with - alone for the week in the expansive two-storey house that he will soon discover holds many secrets. Eventually, he will see that he is surrounded by ghosts as he struggles to hold onto the only thing that he has left in this world - his sanity.

So no grammar lesson today, ladies and gentlemen. I just wanted to let you know about James’ newest book.

Oh, and who would you have your paranormal romance with?



12 comments:

Traci Marie Wolf said...

Hmmm. Yeah, interesting.

he he I would date a vampire but I'm not so sure I'd date a ghost. lol

James Garcia Jr said...

Yes, but just because they moan doesn't mean they aren't faking... *sigh* I'm sorry! Bad Jimmy! *slaps hand* Too Funny!
Hi, Jenny. Thanks so much for sharing this. I really appreciate it. I apologize for not having stopped by of late. I just transferred to a different position at work, on top of the fact that I have been spending all my time getting this baby ready for public consumption. Things should calm down this weekend.
I hope things are well with you. *high fives*

-Jimmy

Kelly Polark said...

Ha! EHaramoany. You are too funny, Jenny!
Congrats, Jimmy, on the upcoming release!

And my paranormal romance would be with Eric Northman from True Blood of course! :)

Genskie said...

lol at eHarMOANy.com.
I really love the way you put humor in your every post.
Your friend's book sounds interesting. I wonder if the ghost is also his wife.

Shelly said...

EHarmoany is out of this world, so I've heard.

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like a great book James and the cover is awesome! Good luck with it :)

DL Hammons said...

If you were cheating on your wife with a woman spirit...would she be your Ghostress? :)

Theresa Milstein said...

eHarMOANy? Groan.

I couldn't come up with anything better. eHAUNTmony?





DWei said...

Wouldn't a paranormal romance be like Ghost with Patrick Swayze?

And do aliens count? Because if they do, Mass Effect 1 and 2 allows you to have romantic relations with other sentient races.

Jo-Ann S said...

eeeeee-Harmony.

Sorry, that's the best I can come up with, yanno, the noise I'd make if I saw a ghost. Or John Lennon.

So he'd be my paranormal romance.

Patrycja (photoopassion) said...

Hello! Very nice blog and interesting posts, great atmosphere.
  Have a nice day. :)
Welcome to our blog about photography. +
I hope you also enjoy it with us.

Greetings!

"Do what you love is not even that, but anyway"

DiscConnected said...

Romance?!

I guess I am the only person on the planet who, upon seeing a ghost, would be freaked-thef#@k-out!

That would hinder the romantic mood somewhat.